If you’re like me, there are many days that you…
- need a go-to dinner that is quick, easy and on the table in 30 minutes.
- wish for something warm and hearty that tastes like it’s been slow-cooked all day, but you didn’t have time to start the crock pot that morning.
- don’t want a kitchen full of dirty dishes when dinner is over.
Such dinners do exist! I have the perfect one for you to try!
My Instant Loaded Potato Soup only has 6 ingredients!
Chop your bacon into 1/2 inch squares and let it cook in a large pot. While the bacon is rendering, chop up an onion.
Add onion to the pot and cook until the onion is tender. Add chicken broth and water then bring to a boil. Reduce heat, add evaporated milk, and stir in instant potatoes.
Add shredded cheese and continue to stir.
Save some of the bacon and cheese for garnish.
- 1 box or 1½ Envelopes Betty Crocker Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 2 cans Evaporated Milk
- 1 can Swanson Chicken Broth
- 6 slices Bacon
- 8oz Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- ½ medium Onion, diced
- 5 cups water
- Chop the bacon into small (1/2-in squares) and cook in a large pot (large enough to cook the soup).
- Let the bacon render and add the onion
- Cook until onion is tender.
- Add chicken broth and water, then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, add evaporated milk, and stir in potatoes.
- Add shredded cheese and continue to stir.
- If the consistency is too thick, add milk to thin it to the thickness you prefer.
- Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally to bring it up to serving temperature.
- Garnish with fried bacon, cheddar cheese and parsley or green onions.