With this Ultimate List of Lunch Box Ideas you can pack a different lunch every day all year long!
Anything you have to do every day will soon feel like a chore. Cooking, laundry, vacuuming, taking out the garbage, the list goes on and on.
Packing a school lunch for my kids is something I do 5 days a week. I begin every school year with the best intentions of making sure it’s healthy, delicious, and includes a variety of yummy foods. But it never fails… a few weeks into the school year I seem to lose my steam and creativity.
That’s not happening this year, and it doesn’t have to happen in your house either.
For almost a year I’ve been collecting lunch box ideas and adding them into a spreadsheet on my computer. I’ve used that collection to create an Ultimate List of Lunch Box Ideas. This list has been months in the making, and it’s pretty exhaustive (if I do say so myself)! I’m excited to use it and to share it with you!
How to use the Ultimate List of Lunch Box Ideas
- Choose a Protein and Carb combination for the main part of the meal.
- Add a fruit and/or veggie to accompany it.
- Does anything you’ve selected so far need a dip or spread?
- Calcium is important for growing bones. Don’t forget to pack something from the dairy list. This can even substitute as the main part of the meal when you pack something like yogurt.
- Don’t forget the extras! Treats and nuts can be great additions.
- Dessert should be a healthier choice most days, but it’s OK to indulge sometimes.
- Choose a beverage.
Time to make your lunch selections!
Ultimate List of Lunch Box Ideas – Printable Version
Post this list on your refrigerator or hang it inside a kitchen cabinet to reference when packing school lunches.
Your Ultimate List of Lunch Box Ideas is sized to print on a regular 8.5 x 11 copy paper.
Love it? Pin it!
Do you have more ideas?
I’d love to hear your ideas for packing lunches. Comment below, and I’ll keep this Ultimate List of Lunch Box ideas updated with your help!