You only need 4 ingredients and 5 minutes to make a decadent cup of Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate. You may want to make a double batch, though! It’s that good!
As the days grow shorter and the temperatures plummet, there’s one thing we all crave: a warm, comforting drink to wrap our hands around. And if you’re like me and have a serious love affair with peanut butter, you’re in for a treat!
I’ll show you how to make a delightful, creamy, and indulgent Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate – and the best part? You only need four simple ingredients to make this liquid gold. Yep, just milk, cocoa powder, peanut butter, and a touch of sugar are all you need to whip up a cup of pure heaven.
So, whether you’re looking to satisfy a late-night craving, create a cozy evening by the fire, or impress your friends with your hot chocolate prowess, this recipe is about to become your go-to winter warmer. Grab your favorite mug, your comfiest blanket, and let’s dive into the world of creamy, dreamy, peanut buttery hot chocolate. Your taste buds are in for a peanut-buttery, chocolaty hug! ☕🥜🍫✨
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
How to Make Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
Place all ingredients into a small saucepan.
Stir often with a whisk over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes. Do not allow to boil.
Hot chocolate is done when the mixture reaches a simmer and the peanut butter has completely melted.
Remove from heat, pour into mugs and garnish as desired.
Hot Chocolate Toppings
Creating a Hot Chocolate Bar is one of the most fun ways to serve hot chocolate. Toppings for hot chocolate are like the finishing touches on a delicious masterpiece. They not only add flavor and texture but also make your hot chocolate visually appealing. Here are some toppings that would pair nicely with Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate:
- Whipped Cream: A classic choice, a dollop of whipped cream adds a delightful creaminess and a touch of sweetness to your hot chocolate. It’s like a little cloud of happiness on top.
- Chocolate Shavings or Sprinkles: Grate some chocolate or sprinkle chocolate shavings over your hot chocolate for an extra dose of chocolatey goodness. Dark, milk, or white chocolate – take your pick!
- Marshmallows: Mini marshmallows, dehydrated marshmallows, or large, fluffy ones – they’re a hot chocolate essential. They melt slightly and create a delightful contrast in texture and sweetness.
- Caramel or Chocolate Sauce: Drizzle some warm caramel sauce over your hot chocolate for a sweet and slightly buttery twist. The combination of chocolate and caramel is a match made in heaven.
- Crushed Cookies: Crushed cookies like Oreos, chocolate chip cookies, Nutter Butter cookies, or graham crackers can add a lovely crunch and a burst of flavor. It’s like dunking cookies right into your hot chocolate.
- Crushed Candy Bars: Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are a great topping for your hot chocolate, but you could also use just about any candy bar you like.
- Nuts: Chopped nuts, such as toasted almonds, hazelnuts, or pecans, can provide a satisfying crunch and a nutty richness that pairs well with the creamy cocoa.
- Cinnamon or Nutmeg: A sprinkle of ground cinnamon or nutmeg not only enhances the flavor but also infuses your hot chocolate with a warm, cozy aroma.
- Peppermint Candy: Crushed peppermint candies or candy canes bring a refreshing and minty twist, especially perfect during the holiday season.
- A Dusting of Cocoa Powder: For an elegant touch, dust a little cocoa powder over your hot chocolate. It’s simple, yet it adds a touch of sophistication.
- Sea Salt: A pinch of flaky sea salt can enhance the flavor of the chocolate and balance the sweetness in your hot chocolate. The combination of sweet and salty is a true winner.
- Chili Powder: If you like a little kick in your hot chocolate, a pinch of chili powder can add a spicy and warm dimension to your drink.
- Vanilla Extract or Whipped Cream with Vanilla: A drop of vanilla extract in the hot chocolate or a hint of vanilla in the whipped cream can give your drink a fragrant and comforting aroma.
Tips & Tricks
- Make it vegan: use your favorite dairy free milk options to create a vegan or lactose free version.
- Make it in the microwave: Here’s how to make Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate in the microwave.
Combine all ingredients in a large microwaveable mug. Microwave 30 seconds, stir. Microwave an additional 1 minute, stir. Add the toppings of your choice and enjoy!
Hot Chocolate Bar
Instructions for how to create your own Hot Chocolate bar with FREE printable labels.
Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder unsweetened
- 2 tbsp peanut butter creamy
- 2 tbsp sugar adjust to preferred sweetness
- Place all ingredients into a small saucepan.
- Stir often with a whisk over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes. Do not allow to boil.
- Hot chocolate is done when the mixture reaches a simmer and the peanut butter has completely melted.
- Remove from heat, pour into mugs and garnish as desired.
- Combine all ingredients in a large microwaveable mug.
- Microwave 30 seconds, stir.
- Microwave an additional 1 minute, stir.
- Add the toppings of your choice and enjoy!
- whipped cream
- chocolate shavings or sprinkles
- caramel or chocolate sauce
- crushed cookies
- crushed candy bars
- cinnamon or nutmeg
- peppermint candy
- dusting of cocoa powder
- sea salt
- chili powder
- vanilla extract or whipped cream with vanilla