Maybe you’ve tried baking with your small kids and don’t ever want to try it again. What you thought would be the beginning of a great family tradition only ended up in tears and a huge mess. Take a deep breath. Don’t give up! You may just need a simpler recipe. Here’s a great one to try!
Below are super simple instructions on how to make a candy cane reindeer. There is no dough to mix, nothing to roll out, and nothing to bake. In fact, the only kitchen appliance you’ll use is a microwave for less than a minute. Do you think your preschoolers can pay attention for less than a minute? I’ll bet they can!
How To Make a Candy Cane Reindeer
You will need:
- Line a cutting board or cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Heat chocolate candy chips in microwave oven for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until melted.
- Dip the straight ends of 2 candy canes into the melted chocolate. Gently shake off excess.
- Place together on wax paper so the hook ends of each candy cane face opposite directions.
- Place an unwrapped Hershey Kiss on the chocolate covered canes.
- Repeat for remaining canes.
- Use a toothpick to dab some melted chocolate on top of the kiss and glue the red candy on as the nose.
- Use a toothpick to dab melted chocolate on the kiss and glue on the eyes.
- Take the white chocolate chip and place on wax paper. Heat in microwave for 15 seconds.
- Use another toothpick to paint a white mouth on each reindeer.
My kids loved making these! Let me know how it goes with your kiddos!
Love it? Pin it!