Caramel Sauce is one of my weaknesses. I love this stuff on ice cream, brownies, chocolate bars, apples, and drizzled on top of about any kind of whip-cream-covered beverage. It has such a rich, smooth flavor that pairs nicely with so many things.
And…like just about anything else, Caramel Sauce is better when you make it homemade!
I know what you’re thinking. You’re picturing yourself mixing together all kinds of ingredients, stirring a pot on top of a stove, carefully watching a candy thermometer. No, no, no! It doesn’t have to be that way!
Allow me to introduce you to…
The Easiest Crockpot Caramel Sauce Ever!
Are you ready for the long list of ingredients? Sweetened condensed milk, sea salt, and vanilla extract. Yep, that’s it! (The sea salt and vanilla are even optional.)
You’ll also need some half-pint mason jars. They come in so many fun shapes (like these) and colors (here are some blue ones!), which is great if you plan to give some of this caramel sauce as a gift.
Transfer condensed milk into half pint mason jars and put on lids and rings. Place in crockpot and cover with water. Cook on low for about 8 hours. Remove from water and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Carefully remove rings and lids. To each jar add 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (optional). Stir well until sauce is smooth. To store, replace lid and ring and store in refrigerator.
- 2 cans Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ¾ tsp Vanilla (optional)
- ¾ tsp Sea Salt (optional)
- Transfer condensed milk into three half pint mason jars and put on lids and rings.
- Place in crockpot and cover with water. Cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Remove from water and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Carefully remove rings and lids.
- To each jar add ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract and ¼ teaspoon sea salt (optional).
- Stir well until sauce is smooth.
- To store, replace lid and ring and store in refrigerator.
Crockpot Caramel Sauce is great to keep in your refrigerator for snacking. The cute little jars also make a great gift to include with a tray of fudge or cookies during the holidays. I’ve also included a jar of Crockpot Caramel Sauce with some ice cream when taking a meal to a friend.
Pin this recipe for later!