This easy Baked Chicken and Rice is the ultimate comfort food. It’s inexpensive to make, can be made with leftover chicken, and cooks in one dish. This is a great meal to serve a large crowd (just double the recipe) or to deliver to a sick friend or to someone welcoming a new baby. It’s perfect for potluck meals, too.
Baked Chicken and Rice doesn’t include a lot of spices and there no hard-to-find ingredients. If you have a well stocked pantry, chances are you probably have all the ingredients on hand to make this tonight! It’s one of our family’s favorite dinners.
Baked Chicken and Rice
1 cup Cooked Chicken, shredded or cut into bite sized pieces
2 cups Rice, uncooked & not instant – Basmati rice is my favorite, but any kind will work.
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
4 cups Chicken Broth
1/2 stick of Butter
I like to use a precooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store in this recipe. Remove and discard the skin then pull the chicken from the bones into bite sized pieces. You can also use any leftover chicken as long as it’s cut up into bite sized pieces.
Spray a 9×13 baking dish and pour the rice into it.
Add Chicken Broth and Cream of Chicken Soup then stir with a whisk.
Drop cooked chicken into the mixture.
Evenly distribute the chicken all over the dish.
Cut up 1/2 stick of butter and place it all over the top of the dish.
Cover with aluminum foil. Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
Then remove the aluminum foil and bake an additional 20 minutes.
Using this method of cooking it, the rice is never mushy or dry. It cooks perfectly every time and has tons of rich flavor. My mouth is watering now!
Baked Chicken and Rice
- 1 cup Cooked Chicken shredded or cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups Rice uncooked & not instant
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 stick of Butter
- If using a precooked rotisserie chicken, remove the skin and pull the meat from the bones into bite sized pieces. If using leftover chicken, remove bones and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish and pour the rice into it.
- Add Chicken Broth and Cream of Chicken Soup then stir with a whisk until well combined.
- Drop cooked chicken into the mixture evenly distributing it all over the dish.
- Cut up 1/2 stick of butter and place it all over the top of the dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and bake an additional 20 minutes.
Love it? Pin for later!
You might also like:
|How To Get the Most
From a Weekly Meal Plan
|11 Chores Your Child Needs To Be Doing||Easy Beef Stroganoff
in the Crockpot