My love of all things ocean and beach, made this Mermaid Under the Sea Birthday Party especially fun to decorate and plan. You can see more pictures from the party here.
Since party guests would be taking home several crafts made during the party, I wanted to keep the gift bags simple.
Here’s what i used to assemble these Under the Sea Gift Bags:
- Crazy straws (Party City)
- Sour candy twists (Party City)
- Light blue jelly beans (Party City)
- Goldfish crackers (regular and pretzel flavors)
- Gummy fish (Nemo fruit snacks picked up in the grocery store)
- Snack size Ziplock bags
- Small, plain gift bags in assorted colors (JoAnn’s on clearance)
- Peel-and-stick sea themed stickers (JoAnn’s on clearance)
To decorate the gift bags, we simply added a peel-and-stick sea themed sticker.
Aren’t these sea snack bags adorable? We included light blue jelly beans (to represent the ocean), 2 flavors of goldfish crackers, and a couple of Nemo fruit snacks.
Each Mermaid Under the Sea Gift Bag included a sea snack bag, 2 individually wrapped sour candies and a crazy straw.
TIP: I love including one tall item that sticks out of the bag like these crazy straws. It adds a height and color to the gift bag without having to stuff tissue paper in each one. The kids loved them, too!
Placing the gift bags on our entryway table/dresser served double duty as decorations and for easy access as guests left.
Go here to see more party ideas, crafts, food and decorations from our Mermaid Under the Sea Party!