Everyone loves being on the receiving end of a homemade gift, and I want my kids to regularly experience the joy of giving. My favorite Christmas treats are ones I can make with my kids. We like to make several different simple treats, package them in a festive manner, then give them to friends. These Marshmallow Frosty Hats are perfect to include in a Christmas gift basket!
Marshmallow Frosty Hats
You’ll only need a few ingredients for these adorable treats: marshmallows, Famous Chocolate Wafers, chocolate candy coating or candy melts, Wilton Holly Mix Sprinkles, Wilton Sugar Pearls, and Red Candy Melts.
Melt chocolate in the microwave. Stick a toothpick in the top of each marshmallow and dip in chocolate to cover. Place on wax paper. Allow to cool in refrigerator for 15 minutes. Melt Red Candy Melts in the microwave and dip the bottom of the marshmallow to create the band of the hat. Place marshmallow on top of chocolate wafer. Decorate with Wilton Holly Sprinkles and Wilton Sugar Pearls.
With some little helpers, you can make dozens of these in half an hour or less!
- 12 Marshmallows
- 12 Famous Chocolate Wafers
- 6 oz Chocolate Candy Coating
- Wilton Holly Mix Sprinkles
- Wilton Sugar Pearls
- ¼ cup Red Candy Melts
- Melt chocolate by heating in microwave for 1 minute, then stir and heating an additional 15 seconds. Repeat 15 second intervals until melted.
- Line a cutting board or cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Stick a toothpick in the top-center of each marshmallow.
- Dip each marshmallow in chocolate and roll to completely coat. Shake off excess chocolate and place on prepare sheet.
- Place in refrigerator for 15 minutes to set.
- Melt red chips by microwaving for 30 seconds, stir, and repeating until melted and smooth.
- Dip bottom of each marshmallow in red to form hat band. Use a spoon to remove excess from bottom of marshmallow. Don’t scrape the bottom clean. The red chocolate will adhere the marshmallow to the wafer cookie.
- Place marshmallow in center of a wafer.
- Carefully place 2 leaves leaving about ¼ inch between them. Place several red and white berries between the leaves.
- Return to wax paper and place in refrigerator for 20 minutes to set.
- Carefully twist out toothpick and touch up with melted chocolate.
Love it? Pin it!