When it comes to holiday baking, you want something special. Something that looks like you went above and beyond for your guests. And perhaps something with a little sparkle.
But there are so many demands on your time. If you need a holiday dessert idea with high impact that can be made in a small amount of time, these Sparkling Snowman Cupcakes are perfect! They’re cute, easy to make, and they really do sparkle!
Sparkling Snowman Cupcakes
You’ll need a boxed white cake mix (plus ingredients listed on the box), butter, vanilla extract, confectioner’s sugar, milk, butterscotch chips, sparkling sugar sprinkles, and black decorating icing.
Bake and prepare cupcakes according to box directions. Then allow to cool while making frosting.
NOTE: You can use pre-made icing, but the frosting recipe below makes easy-to-spread, smooth frosting that the sparkling sugar sprinkles stick to nicely.
Spread a layer of frosting onto each cupcake, making it as smooth as possible.
Pour sprinkles into a bowl, and dip each frosted cupcake into the sprinkles – making sure all of the frosting is completely covered.
Using the black decorating icing, create dots for eyes and a mouth for the snowman.
Add a peanut butter or butterscotch chip in the middle for the snowman’s nose.
NOTE #1: I tried to use chocolate chips for the eyes and mouth, but they didn’t stay in place well with the sparkling sugar sprinkles. The black icing worked great!
NOTE #2: Don’t use gel icing. It doesn’t work well for these snowmen.
So cute and sparkly!
Perfect for a holiday party or even a family dessert!
- 1 box white cake mix (plus required ingredients listed on the box, i.e. eggs, oil & water)
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups Confectioners’ Sugar
- 4 Tbs Milk
- Peanut Butter or Butterscotch Chips (1 per cupcake)
- White Sparkling Sugar Sprinkles
- Black Decorating Icing
- Bake and prepare cupcakes according to box directions. Allow cupcakes to cool while making frosting.
- Use an electric mixer to beat butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add in confectioners’ sugar and beat until fully incorporated.
- Add vanilla extract and milk and beat for an additional 3 minutes.
- Spread a layer of frosting onto each cupcake making it as smooth as possible.
- Pour sprinkles into a bowl, and dip each frosted cupcake into the sprinkles making sure all frosting is completely covered.
- Using the black decorating icing, create dots for eyes and a mouth for the snowman.
- Add a peanut butter or butterscotch chip in the middle for the snowman’s nose.