One of the most challenging things about a low carb diet is satisfying that craving for a crunchy chip or cracker. These cheese crackers can do just that! And the best thing is they only have one ingredient and are super easy to make.
No Carb Cheese Crackers
Select your favorite cheese and slice it thin. You can even use pre-sliced cheese to make this recipe super quick and easy. I used Sargento Ultra Thin Slices Sharp Cheddar.
Line your baking sheet with parchment paper. Don’t skip this step. It allows easy removal of your crackers without breaking them. Plus, clean up is a breeze!
Don’t worry about the pieces being perfectly shaped. You can see here that I broke a corner off of one slice and just pieced it back together on the baking sheet. You won’t be able to tell when they’re done. This is a very forgiving recipe.
Place them in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes.
You’ll know they’re done when they get kind of bubbly.
Allow them to cool slightly. It only takes a few minutes because they are so thin.
Pile them up on a plate and enjoy!
The thin sliced cheese will make crackers that are light and crispy, but you’ll find they are too thin for dipping.
If you’re really craving a cracker you can dip, simply use a thicker cheese and increase the baking time.
- Thin Sliced Cheese, any kind (I used Sargento Ultra Thin Slices Sharp Cheddar)
- Parchment Paper
- Baking Stone or Sheet
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover baking stone or sheet with parchment paper.
- Break a slice of cheese into 4 pieces by "folding" it in half to break it. Then repeat with each half until you have 4 pieces.
- Place on parchment paper about ¼ inch apart.
- Place in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow them to cool for about 5 minutes.