What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear “Neapolitan?”
Neapolitan reminds me of ice cream.
Ice cream reminds me of summer.
However, I think these Neapolitan Brownie Bars would be great for any season!
The three distinct layers are so pretty on the plate. Each layer has it’s own flavor and slightly different texture that creates a little party in your mouth with each bite. On the bottom is a chewy, fudgy brownie. Next we add a layer of cream cheese goodness, and it’s topped it off with smooth, buttery strawberry frosting. I know you want to try these, so let’s get to the recipe!
Neapolitan Brownie Bars
You’ll need your favorite brownie mix (plus ingredients to make per package directions), vegetable oil, eggs, cream cheese, sugar, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and red food coloring.
Prepare brownie batter according to package directions. Bake about 20 minutes or until top is completely set. Allow to cool for 30 minutes.
Cream together cream cheese, sugar and eggs until well blended. Spread over brownie layer and bake 35-40 minutes or until cheesecake layer is set.
For the strawberry frosting, beat butter, strawberry preserves (optional) and slowly add the powdered sugar. Add a few drops of red food coloring to achieve the pink color. Frost the cheesecake layer with pink frosting. Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
Neapolitan Brownie Bars
- 1 box Brownie Mix plus ingredients needed to prepare per box directions
- 16 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 6 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup Strawberry Preserves optional
- 4-5 drops Red Food Coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 pan and set aside.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes or until top is set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 30 minutes.
- Cream together cream cheese, sugar and eggs until well blended.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over brownie layer.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until cheesecake layer is set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 30 minutes or until cooled.
- Beat butter and add strawberry preserves (if desired). Slowly add in powdered sugar.
- Add 4-5 drops of red food coloring and blend well to achieve pink color.
- Spread frosting with a spatula over the cheesecake layer to completely cover.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.